Thursday, June 29, 2017

DIY wooden Chargers

I almost hesitate to call this a DIY, because these chargers were SO easy to make.....almost too easy for a blog post. However if you're like me, it's the simple DIY projects that I'm drawn to. I made these a couple years ago for my parent's 60th birthday party.....I needed a lot of chargers, and if you've ever hosted an event and looked into purchasing chargers, you will know they can get really expensive. 
~
So, we went to the hardware store, bought two wooden boards (each 5.25 inches wide), and cut them into 14 inch boards. After some light sanding (I wanted them to be rough, without worrying about anyone getting splinters over dinner), we stapled two of the 14 in boards together. The finished chargers measure 10.5 inches by 14 inches. I have used these chargers a ton in the past couple years, and they are a nice basic to have on hand.
 ~
Here you can see the back where I (or Connor) simply stapled the boards together.....not pretty or super professional looking, but no one ever sees it, so who cares right?
Here you can see the charger more up close:
And again at our Thanksgiving table last year (just ignore that baby gate in the background)...

So easy and cheap, yet it delivers a beautiful finished product when the table is set....time to throw a party!

0 comments: